04 Feb Article 16 – MANDATORY EQUIPMENT S1 TRAIL 57 KM, S1 HALF 21 KM, S1 ULTRA 167 KM, S1 IPERTRAIL
S1 Trail is a race in an environment that can be hostile with challenging and exposed stretches. The winter period and the geographical area make the meteorological conditions extremely variable and unpredictable, offering participants conditions that can vary from almost spring sunshine and dry soil, to gusty winds of 150 km / h, sub-zero temperatures and ice.
- Headlight with batteries installed and charged. (Even those who expect to complete the race before it gets dark are required to have this material with them, because any unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, wrong route or other, could prolong the scheduled arrival time. We explicitly require to have a front lamp or emergency electric light other than the smartphone)
- At least 350 ml of liquids.
- Double thermal layer or thermal padded jacket (ie: long sleeves and windproof and windproof shell or padded rain and windproof jacket for those wearing under short sleeves)
- Long trousers or a combination of shorts and leggings to cover the entire leg in case of need.
- Thermal blanket (isothermal emergency sheet)
- Emergency whistle
- Roadbook of the route (present behind the bib)
- Mobile phone with registered organization numbers and always on.
- Cup or container for drinking: there are no glasses for refreshments!
- Only for S1 Ultra and Ipertrail: satellite locator provided by the organization always on.
For greater well-being, starting with the following material is recommended:
- Long-sleeved shirt or extra-warm garment
- Scarf, balaclava or windproof buff.
- Folding poles
- Ice crampons
There is the possibility of finding icy sections on all the race routes. The organization reserves the right to make the following items COMPULSORY to participate in the competition:
- Racing crampons for the S1T, S1U, and S1I races
- Ice tacks for S1H The Requirement of crampons or nails will be announced at the latest on the second weather report. A 10% probability is estimated.