Here is a list of frequently asked questions … if you have any doubts you can comment below. We will get back to you shortly
The race finish line is in PortoPiccolo, so if you want to sleep at the finish line you can choose PortoPiccolo Apartments
Check the map. All the structures listed on this page are committed to offering a direct booking, without intermediary costs at the best price
If you need help deciding call us on 0039 040 411341, and ask us for advice. We have solutions for all budgets and for all needs, starting from 15 euros per night!
For 21, 29, 42, 57 km races
These are in-line races, which means that the start and the finish are not at the same point.
You can decide to stay indifferently in the start area, in the finish area (Bora Village, Sistiana), or in Trieste Center.
On the morning of the race, there are shuttles both from Trieste Central Station and from Bora Village (finish of all races) that lead to the departures. Reservation is mandatory from your runner profile.
In the afternoon there are free shuttles without reservations that return approximately every two hours until 7 pm from Bora Village to Trieste Central Station
Check the shuttle timetable from your race page before deciding.
If you plan to arrive shortly before the time limit, we recommend that you stay in the finish area.
For 9, 80, 164 km
We recommend staying in the finish area, near the Bora Village, as the return shuttle service to Trieste is active in the afternoon and therefore not available for athletes who arrive already in the night or in the morning.
For those traveling with friends or family, Trieste (10 km) can also be a good solution if you intend to rely on them to get to the start line.
For the 164 km race, it can also be an excellent idea, if you are accompanied, to stay in Gorizia or Nova Gorica. If you stay in Nova Gorica you will be close to the start of the race, but remember that you have to collect your bib and leave your bag on finish line (40 km) and there is no shuttle service on the way back.
An early start is an act of "spirit of trail", a courtesy we do by further extending the race time.
This system is widely used in races in Northern Europe or those with sensitive safety components.
At the Corsa della Bora we have race times that allow everyone to participate with standard timetables, being very long in themselves. We add to that an extra start.
Well understood, it is an extra service and a huge organizational effort. An added courtesy.
- No shuttles are provided for these start times, unless explicitly stated.
- The time is taken on the chip and therefore in the ranking, you go with the race real-time .
- Early starts are subject to entrance/minimum time barriers, meaning they are subject to a speed limit. Please refer to the time barriers section of your race and to the race guide.
We will apply the same conditions as in 2021: we will provide you with travel documents and permits that will allow you to enter from any EU country.
We did this in January 2021 and had competitors from CH, FR, DE, SL, HR, GB as well as about 1000 competitors from all over Italy. This is on orange alert.
In case, even with these documents, you decide not to come - and you are resident in non-Italian territory - because of covid, you will have the possibility to move your entry to any other S1 race.
Please also see our covid management policy.
In addition to this "special case," see the standard rules for cancellation and referral.
Or the full rules page.
If you have any doubts, write or call us!
Certainly, the connection is perfect and very convenient thanks to the airport shuttle.
Select the desired date and time and view the times.
On the day of the race there will also be free buses every hour in the afternoon from Sistiana to Trieste.
These times are not the race shuttles. It is public transportation. Open to all and with separate ticket.
For race shuttles and their schedules please refer to your runner profile.
Timetable for 8 January 2023 (race)
Timetable for 6-7 January 2023 (bib collection)
We do not retain your details after the race, except for those relating to vouchers or deferred entries, and those required by ITRA and classified as public, which are also accessible in SuperCalssificaS1 .
All your personal information about the past edition is in an offline archive that will be overwritten once the next edition takes place.
It is possible to sign up by one social security code or email per event, so, to sign up multiple people you need to create multiple profiles.
So, to access the website It will then be necessary for you to register as a new user .
- From the 2022 edition will be given the option to keep, for convenience, a history of registrations made only for profiles complete and correct in all data, and accessible only to the competitor
- From the 2022 edition in the "my account" section in the "Liability Disclaimer" section, you can already decide whether or not to have your name appear in the public list of runners.
You can examine in detail the mode and type of processing of your data:
Aggiornamento al 30/11/2021
Our organization has always emphatized its will do, while putting the safety and well-being of the competitor first.
The regulatory situation for managing an event like the Corsa della Bora is quite complex.
According to the AICS protocols for athletes would not require the Green Pass, for those FIDAL would be.
For non-competitive events it would not be required, for trespassing in cross-border races the situation is even more complicated.
To this we add indoor refreshments, shower and loker room management, and overnight race accommodation in shared spaces for the long distance race.
This varied situation would, as a matter of fact, allow us to create competitions for every "need". .
The question to ask is not what opportunities we might take right now.
The only question is what is safer and more ethical to competitors.
The basis of sport and competition is to give everyone the same conditions, without creating differences in treatment, without disadvantaging or benefiting anyone.
A non-competitive event, up to today, even with the Super Green Pass Law, allows participation without a Green Pass and no negative swab. But the refreshments, services and spaces that these athletes will occupy, will be the same as those of the athletes who have provided more guarantees. This would be unethical and would not guarantee the same safety conditions for all athletes.
With this in mind, the race committee decided the following:
- To participate in the event will be required for all, including for the non-competitive events, to have: double vaccination, or negative swab within 48 hours of the race (done and certified by a doctor), or recovery from COVID in the last 6 months.
- Those wishing to collect their bib at any point or by any method prior to 48 hours from the start of the race, they must upload a certificateod double vaccination on the site certifying double dose or recovery, valid on the day of the race.
- All athletes will be required to fill out a waiver attesting to the absence of symptoms or contact with infected persons in the hours and days leading up to the competition.
- For athletes, access to refreshments during the race, post-race refreshments on the finish line, access to shuttles and transport, locker rooms or showers, the same requirements apply as for participation in the race
- A double vaccination or proof of recovery will be required for post-race SEATED food consumption, or for visitors to access the event . Green pass reinforced.
- No exceptions will be allowed.
- The updated release form and the GreenPass upload form (for those willing to collect the bib earlier) will be available on the website, from the runner profile, starting from December 8th.
Situation before 05 December 2021
ASD SentieroUNO was the first organization organize a running event with over 1000 participants in covid era orange alert zone.
This has been possible thanks to a work of planning, study and authorization process that started during the lockdown of March 2020 and ended with the January 2021 edition of the Corsa della Bora.
A very strict protocol, a long training phase for volunteers, and a continuous process of information to competitors have been the prerogative of the 2021 edition.
The result was to ensure an event with maximum safety both in terms of health and on the race course, which saw zero hospitalisations and only 22 withdrawals out of 1044 competitors.
Choosing a race at this time means not only "hoping" that it won't be cancelled, but also trusting the seriousness of the organization.
We can't guarantee that covid won't be there, but we can guarantee that:
- We are prepared to hold the race even in orange alertlevel conditions.
- We have solutions to ensure the participation of foreign athletes.
- We are committed to constanttelephone and emailsupport, always providing updated and detailed information. We will never deny you an answer. To be always present for us is a priority.
- We have alternative routes in case the cross border solution cannot be realized.
- We can guarantee you services that are often not given not because they can't be given but because they require higher costs, such as:
- Refreshments with "real food", packaged with the utmost safety but not the classic bar or packaged snack
- Shower facilities, cloakroom and hot food on long runs.
- We are committed to working more, not less, not using covid as an excuse to offer less at a higher price.
- If this is not enough we offer you a protection and refund policywhich allows you to have indemnities of up to 120% of the value of your membership or transfer on all S1 events.
In the spring of 2020, when everyone was preparing for a covid-free summer and fall races like it was nothing, we started working on a winter edition in the highest alert zone and in the middle of the third wave.
In January 2021, while hoping for a rapid solution to this situation, we have begun to apply a new management protocol that will allow us to deal with this emergency in the utmost safety and comfort, ready, despite ourselves, to experience it as a new normality.
At the end of the 2021 edition of the Corsa della Bora we also donated 500 rapid swabs tests to the primary schools of Trieste, because the race is also solidarity and participation.
We cannot predict whether the state of emergency will be extended after 31/12, nor whether the containment measures will be in place at the time of the race. But what we do know is that we are prepared for the various eventualities.
We do not know if at the time of the race the Green Pass will be mandatory.
The green passport will be requested if the Italian regulations require it.
For the Ecomarathon the FIDAL protocols apply, for the other races the AICS protocols apply.
In our Alpe Adria Ultra Trail event in August this was not required. As per regulations.
You don't need to upload it unless you are an Italian citizen.
This is because it would be impossible for us to translate certificates from all languages and verify their validity.
In the Liability Disclaimer, when you enroll, you will be asked to declare that a sports doctor has considered you suitable for high-intensity cardiovascular activity.
For the non-competitive runs, no certificate is required.