Aggiornamento al 30/11/2021
Our organization has always emphatized its will do, while putting the safety and well-being of the competitor first.
The regulatory situation for managing an event like the Corsa della Bora is quite complex.
According to the AICS protocols for athletes would not require the Green Pass, for those FIDAL would be.
For non-competitive events it would not be required, for trespassing in cross-border races the situation is even more complicated.
To this we add indoor refreshments, shower and loker room management, and overnight race accommodation in shared spaces for the long distance race.
This varied situation would, as a matter of fact, allow us to create competitions for every “need”. .
The question to ask is not what opportunities we might take right now.
The only question is what is safer and more ethical to competitors.
The basis of sport and competition is to give everyone the same conditions, without creating differences in treatment, without disadvantaging or benefiting anyone.
A non-competitive event, up to today, even with the Super Green Pass Law, allows participation without a Green Pass and no negative swab. But the refreshments, services and spaces that these athletes will occupy, will be the same as those of the athletes who have provided more guarantees. This would be unethical and would not guarantee the same safety conditions for all athletes.
With this in mind, the race committee decided the following:
- To participate in the event will be required for all, including for the non-competitive events, to have: double vaccination, or negative swab within 48 hours of the race (done and certified by a doctor), or recovery from COVID in the last 6 months.
- Those wishing to collect their bib at any point or by any method prior to 48 hours from the start of the race, they must upload a certificateod double vaccination on the site certifying double dose or recovery, valid on the day of the race.
- All athletes will be required to fill out a waiver attesting to the absence of symptoms or contact with infected persons in the hours and days leading up to the competition.
- For athletes, access to refreshments during the race, post-race refreshments on the finish line, access to shuttles and transport, locker rooms or showers, the same requirements apply as for participation in the race
- A double vaccination or proof of recovery will be required for post-race SEATED food consumption, or for visitors to access the event . Green pass reinforced.
- No exceptions will be allowed.
- The updated release form and the GreenPass upload form (for those willing to collect the bib earlier) will be available on the website, from the runner profile, starting from December 8th.
Situation before 05 December 2021
ASD SentieroUNO was the first organization organize a running event with over 1000 participants in covid era orange alert zone.
This has been possible thanks to a work of planning, study and authorization process that started during the lockdown of March 2020 and ended with the January 2021 edition of the Corsa della Bora.
A very strict protocol, a long training phase for volunteers, and a continuous process of information to competitors have been the prerogative of the 2021 edition.
The result was to ensure an event with maximum safety both in terms of health and on the race course, which saw zero hospitalisations and only 22 withdrawals out of 1044 competitors.
Choosing a race at this time means not only “hoping” that it won’t be cancelled, but also trusting the seriousness of the organization.
We can’t guarantee that covid won’t be there, but we can guarantee that:
- We are prepared to hold the race even in orange alertlevel conditions.
- We have solutions to ensure the participation of foreign athletes.
- We are committed to constanttelephone and emailsupport, always providing updated and detailed information. We will never deny you an answer. To be always present for us is a priority.
- We have alternative routes in case the cross border solution cannot be realized.
- We can guarantee you services that are often not given not because they can’t be given but because they require higher costs, such as:
- Refreshments with “real food”, packaged with the utmost safety but not the classic bar or packaged snack
- Shower facilities, cloakroom and hot food on long runs.
- We are committed to working more, not less, not using covid as an excuse to offer less at a higher price.
- If this is not enough we offer you a protection and refund policywhich allows you to have indemnities of up to 120% of the value of your membership or transfer on all S1 events.
In the spring of 2020, when everyone was preparing for a covid-free summer and fall races like it was nothing, we started working on a winter edition in the highest alert zone and in the middle of the third wave.
In January 2021, while hoping for a rapid solution to this situation, we have begun to apply a new management protocol that will allow us to deal with this emergency in the utmost safety and comfort, ready, despite ourselves, to experience it as a new normality.
At the end of the 2021 edition of the Corsa della Bora we also donated 500 rapid swabs tests to the primary schools of Trieste, because the race is also solidarity and participation.
We cannot predict whether the state of emergency will be extended after 31/12, nor whether the containment measures will be in place at the time of the race. But what we do know is that we are prepared for the various eventualities.
We do not know if at the time of the race the Green Pass will be mandatory.
The green passport will be requested if the Italian regulations require it.
For the Ecomarathon the FIDAL protocols apply, for the other races the AICS protocols apply.
In our Alpe Adria Ultra Trail event in August this was not required. As per regulations.