S1 Urban Eco Marathon
We could call it “Marathon 3.0” or “Urban Eco Marathon”: a real evolution of the concept of marathon, to return to the origins of the Marathon itself. An evolution towards a future that learns and is inspired by the past, to the most authentic one: a 42 km race from Marathon to Athens, on a track that initially climbs and then gradually descends on a sliding but certainly not asphalted terrain. That’s where the Marathon was born and here it is in its most authentic sense.
The spirit of the original Marathon returns to Trieste, with a course that wants to refer to the finest tradition of this classic distance, in the mileage, in the distribution of the ascent and in the type of terrain, but also following the idea of running a line between a city and a small town on the coast.
The Trieste Urban Eco Marathon is in fact a race that with a look at the past and tradition wants to project into the future, not only for the technical characteristics of the track but also for the experience it offers: an incredible view along a path not open to traffic and with the utmost respect for the environment and nature.
You will start from the center of Trieste, with the finish line behind you on the other side of the gulf. We will cross the city touching the most impressive points and then take the old Austro-Hungarian railway, which has now become one of the most scenic and suggestive cycle paths in Italy.
From here, with a soft and gradual ascent, you reach the Karst plateau and walk it along its entire length, caressing the soft hills that overlook the intense blue of the Gulf of Trieste.
A path that runs parallel to the trail races of 164, 80, 57 and 21 km by choosing a faster road and paths where it is always possible to lengthen the pace and overtake.
An experience in full S1 spirit but looking at the competition and the athletic gesture and also allowing road runners to find easy terrain and where to give their best.
What will be your time on the first Urban Eco Marathon?
ExtremeGPS NavigationMountain BikeTecnical
Cottur, km 5
San Lorenzo, km 10
Obelisco, km 21
Contovello, km 27
Santa Croce, km 32
- You can park on the finish line and come to the start line with our shuttle
- You can park at the start and return with our shuttle
- You can stay in Trieste and go to the start with our shuttle and return to the city with our shuttle
- Railway station and airport are well connected to the race. No car needed. Getting to Trieste
- You can decide to collect the race bib in a partner hotel or in the S1 Points or at the Bora Village before the race. If you book the delivery, you save time before the race. Here's how to do it
GPS tracks online soon
subscribe to our newsletter and get all the info
- Senators, minors 30 euros fixed price until 30/10
- Partner sports club, registration for events and groups * € 42 until 30/10