04 Nov I don’t want or can’t participate in the race
Our association and our volunteers put all their commitment and many resources throughout the year to organize the Corsa della Bora This commitment means a large investment, both financially and laborious.
Parallel to this, there is the desire to protect the safety of competitors as much as possible and understand all causes of force majeure.
IL which translates into an approach of maximum protection of the competitor and safety, as regards objective issues, and a less complete protection policy regarding i “change program”.
Bib sales, modifications, delegates, personal injuries
The event takes place but “they don’t let me participate”
However, in the drafting of the regulation, it does not fall into the case in which the event can take place but the competitor is unable to participate for non-personal reasons other than serious injury (Article 7). We will wait until 2021 to formalize this change, which for fairness we do not add now, as changing the regulation after the registration of many is not a practice in the name of transparency.
We then proceed with the interpretation of the current regulation in a perspective of maximum favor of the competitor, i.e. if you cannot travel, you cannot participate for non-personal reasons other than injury, the same policy applies as reimbursement of cancellation due to the inability to run the event. A practical example could be a legal ban on travel to or from departure or destination. The competitor’s inability to travel is considered to be the organizer’s inability to carry out the event. A protection never seen before.
Finally, a clarification is necessary: the work to carry out the event in maximum safety is enormous. only the health and local authorities to judge if the event is possible. Obviously the same goes for the travel ban. It follows that the “voices”, the “forecasts” or the “considerations” of more or less accredited experts cannot be put on the same level as the Health and/or Territorial Authority.
Exchange, refund, cancellation, and transfer policies are therefore always implemented at real conditions of the moment in which the request is made.
For example if a competitor requests a refund why provides catastrophic weather, pandemics or other events that could cause cancellation, but at the moment no decree-law or disposition of the health or territorial authorities or communication of the organization foresees these facts, the request does not fall within the real causes, but in a personal interpretation. This request is subject to article 7 of the regulation or only the transfer to third parties is allowed.
Conclusions and advice
- Read what we are doing to organize a safe event
- If you cannot participate in serious injuries, we will protect you to the maximum, more than the other races, with the conditions of article 31
- If you cannot participate due to grief or serious personal reasons, we will protect you to the maximum, more than the other races, with the conditions of article 31
- If you do not want to participate because you have sprained yourself or are not in maximum shape or for any physical problem not described and certified by a specialist who certifies the impossibility to participate on the date of the event, you can choose a shorter distance or sell your registration.
- If you think it will be bad weather, you can give the bib to a third party.
- If you think the race will be canceled but it has not been canceled, you can sell the bib to another runner
- If you think you will be sick, you can give the bib to another runner.
- If you think you won’t be able to come, you can give the bib to another runner.
- If the race is canceled, you will be protected as per article 31 with coverage of up to 120% of the value.
- If you are prevented from traveling, you will be protected under article 31 with coverage of up to 120% of the value.
In the event of a canceled race, we will proceed automatically as per the regulations.