All technical information is given in the tender technical sheet listed below. This regulation explains the criteria for its application
- The competitions are characterized by running in nature, aimed at promoting the territory they cross and sport in nature, enhancing the gastronomic and naturalistic tourist resources, with a view to respecting for the environment and international cooperation.
- It should be remembered that racing takes place in a potentially hostile environment.
- Competitors must relate to this event with the optics and rules of hiking, mountain running, and the attitude used to face the natural environment autonomously, without underestimating the rules and prescriptions of the organizers, who act in the interest of maximum safety of the competitors and with full knowledge of the facts gained from years of experience in mountaineering.
- The event takes on a cross-border nature over some distances and consists of semi-autonomous Sky Trail races, organized on a non-profit basis by the volunteers of the ASD SentieroUNO in collaboration with local associations, bodies, and people who believe in these values.
- A general classification with arrival times is foreseen and published on the s1trail.com website
- There are cash prizes and prizes in kind.
- Special prizes are awarded to the first finishers and a souvenir of the race certifying the title of “Finisher” to those who have completed the race within the maximum time.
- In addition, gifts are assigned to all members already at the time of delivery of the bibs Timing is carried out in real-time, with the exception of FIDAL races, so by detecting the interval in which the competitor crosses the starting line and reaches the finish line, regardless of the starting time.
- The races are run in semi-autonomy. Semi-autonomy is defined as the ability to be autonomous between two refreshment points, with regards to one’s own safety, nutrition, and equipment, thus allowing one to be ready to face unexpected problems, for example, adverse weather, physical discomfort, minor injuries, etc.
- In order to limit the production of waste, there are no plastic cups at the refreshment points, it is therefore mandatory that each competitor has a container for drinking.
- The courses are marked with flags, ribbons, and spray chalk marking, except for the IPERTRAIL races where GPS navigation is provided
Registering for a competition is not like buying a product at the supermarket: it is a relationship of trust that is established between competitor and organizer, and vice versa. The payment of the fee, therefore, does not give the automatic right to participate: it is necessary that all participation documentation is in order and that the organization considers the competitor to be able to face the race safely.
Before completing the registration it is necessary to read all the regulations, fill in and accept the release form by indicating your details, including your telephone number and your email address.
Voluntary registration and subsequent participation in the race indicate full acceptance without reservations of these regulations, the release, and the ethics of the race.
- By registering, the participant exempts the organizers from any liability, both civil and criminal, for damage to persons and/or property caused or caused by him, before, during, and after the race and waives any request for compensation.
- By registering, the competitors authorize the organization to use free, without territorial and time limits, still and moving images that portray them during participation in the race.
- The race will be held in accordance with the legal requirements at the time of the event. It is therefore advisable, in the event of extraordinary or pandemic conditions, to visit the news section and/or ascertain any additional requirements required by law. The consequences of changing these legal requirements are in no way attributable to the organizer.
- No assistance will be provided and no personal data will be disclosed to people other than the holder of the registration profile, which must necessarily correspond to the competitor. This is to protect the competitor and ensure that the race conditions are correctly communicated and understood by those who actually participate.
- All those who have received competitive sports fitness from a sports doctor are admitted to competitive events. This suitability must be valid and specific for activities with high cardiovascular commitment or have a certificate for the suitability of competitive athletics or other competitive sport with high cardiovascular commitment (rowing, skiing, football, triathlon, etc), protocols B1-> 5.
- Adding that the same request applies to foreign athletes.
- Individual competitions may have specific participation conditions and these are listed in Article 1
- The athlete, by participating in the event, certifies and declares to have the aforementioned requirements and to be in possession of the relevant certification to ensure his safety and safety.
- For non-competitive runs, no competitive medical certificate is required
- The registration fee includes the services described in these regulations and in the registration form
Registration is to be considered effective and confirmed when all the information requested in the registration form is provided correctly, the payment is made, confirmed, and accepted by the organization.
Payment can be made online with credit cards and electronic payment methods when registering on the portal.
For reduced-price registrations made on any date, payment must be made by the expiration date of the selected price range.
For subscriptions at a reduced price based on the quota, the price is locked for 3 working days. In the absence of communications of payment or request for an extension, after 7 days, it can be canceled without notice or converted to the current price range or type of bib.
No pets are allowed at competitive distances, not even on a leash
It is also important and necessary:
- Be aware of the length and characteristics of the race;
- Be perfectly trained to face it;
- Having acquired, before the race, a real capacity for personal autonomy in the mountains to be able to better manage the problems arising from adverse weather conditions (wind, fog, rain, cold) in relation to the length of the chosen route.
- Knowing how to manage the physical or mental problems caused by great fatigue, digestive problems, muscle or joint pain, small wounds etc.
- Be aware that the role of the Organization is not to help a runner manage these conditions which are an integral part of the racing experience.
In case of participation of underage athletes, legal guardians are asked to be well aware that:
- That the minor has the physical and psychological characteristics to face the competition
- Who has the technical knowledge to deal with it.
- That you can travel the track in conditions that are not a hindrance or danger to the other competitors.
Any changes made or requested to the race staff are subject to an administrative fee of € 5.00.
Changes that can be done independently by the runner are not subject to any administrative fee.
Changes of distance and bib transfers to third parties are all subject to the administrative costs as mentioned above.
No change, postponement or refund is allowed, unless expressly agreed, less than 7 working days from the start of the event that includes the race.
Conditions of cancellation, postponement or transfer
The race will be held in all types of weather conditions that allow it to be held in complete safety.
If the conditions are not favorable, alternative routes and escape routes are provided to allow the event to be carried out.
Cancellation due to force majeure and / or unexpected impossibility to provide the service
Race postponement by the organization:
The organization may, in very exceptional cases, decide to postpone the event. This eventuality could occur for reasons of “force majeure”, or weather conditions that cause alert states such as not to allow the race in safety or for reasons related to safety or public order and in cases where such postponement is requested by the authority’s territorial. The postponement will take place in the following form and under the following conditions:
- Immediate communication to competitors, via e-mail, notice in the news section of the site, facebook, race guide and Telegram
- Possibility only for those who request it within 36 hours of sending the communication, to be considered within the case of cancellation by the organization.
- After 36 hours from the publication of the postponement notice, it will no longer be possible to enter into the case of cancellation by the organization.
- The request to be included in the case of cancellation by the organization can be made only once and at the first postponement notice.
- The postponement may take place one after the other, in the 4 weeks following the original date.
Having found it impossible to hold the event after the 4th week from the original date, the postponement to the following year takes place
For cancellations by the organization:
- More than 90 days: full refund of the fee
- From 90 to 60 days from the event 75%: Cancellation for reasons of force majeure and / or supervening impossibility to provide the service, we offer two options:
- A) Refund of 75% of the fee
- B) Transfer of the fee only once also to third parties on the following year’s edition, or not transferable to third parties with a validity of two years.
- From 60 to 15 days 80%: Cancellation due to force majeure and / or the impossibility of providing the service, we offer two options:
- A) 50% refund of the fee + 30% discount on the following year’s edition.
- B) Transferable once also to third parties on the following year’s edition, or not transferable to third parties with a validity of two years.
- from 15 to 0 days 120%: Cancellation for reasons of force majeure and / or supervening impossibility to provide the service:
- 90% non-transferable discount on the following year’s edition and 30% non-transferable discount on the one of the following year.
For cancellations by the competitor:
There is a 90% discount also transferable to third parties on the following year’s edition and 30% discount also transferable to third parties on that of the following year, in the following cases, always subject to the secretarial fee and no later than 15 days from the event:
- Mourning of a relative
- Inability to participate for urgent business reasons certified in writing and on headed paper by the employer
- Incident incapacitating that makes participation impossible. This circumstance must be documented by a specialist doctor’s report.
- The medical specialist’s report does not require any additional attachments.
- Non-specialist medical certificates are not allowed unless they are accompanied by a letter headed and complete with all the contact details of the doctor who draws up the certificate. In this letter, the doctor must certify that the patient is not in a position to participate in the test and that he is aware that further investigations may be required during the insurance claim phase.
- The discount recognized is equal to the percentage indicated with respect to the amount actually paid by the competitor.
- The discount cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.
- Any options must be confirmed through the reserved area on the registration id platform no later than 60 days from the date of cancellation of the event.
- In case of transfer of the registration to the following year, this must be confirmed again after the opening of registrations and in any case no later than 90 days from the date of the race. In case of non-confirmation, the transfer for the current year lapses without the possibility of reimbursement. However, the transfer to the next year remains valid only if foreseen.
- To collect the bib it is not necessary to show up with the mandatory equipment.
- It is not possible to collect the race packet and the number on the starting line
- Competitors in races that require the use of the GPS Tracker are required to leave a deposit of € 100 for the GPS tracker. The deposit will be returned at the end of the race upon presentation of the device. The deposit must be paid in banknotes of 50 euros upon collection of the bib.
- Bibs and race goodie bags that have not been collected cannot be claimed after the race.
- It is allowed to collect the race goodie bag by delegation to be made on plain paper and to be presented printed with a copy of the identity document of the delegator. The collection of the bib by delegation is allowed unless required by law, even at the last moment, which do not allow it (Green Pass control).
WARDROBE and SHOWERS
- Bags with complete change or other bags can only be left in the cloakroom in the finish area when collecting the bib or on the morning of the race. No bags or bags are accepted on the starting line
- We are not responsible in any way for the loss or damage of the bags.
- The bags can be collected only at the times indicated in the table.
- Bags not equipped with an S1 label will be set aside and delivered separately, giving priority to competitors requesting bags with a label.
- Bags with specifications other than those provided by the organization are not accepted
- A shower service is provided for the arrival of the race.
- We are not liable for objects left in the changing rooms or in the cloakroom, as for hygienic and safety reasons, they will be eliminated at the end of the race.
- The shuttles can be purchased together with the registration or separately.
- In addition to the purchase of the ticket, it is necessary to make a reservation and receive a confirmation number or letter.
- The times are published in the schedule of each race.
The organization takes out civil liability insurance for the entire period of the race. Participation to the event takes place under the entire responsibility of the competitors, who renounce any recourse against the organizers in the event of damage and further consequences that occur during, before or after the race. When collecting the race bib, the competitor must sign a disclaimer.
- The time barriers are shown in the competition sheet in Article 1 and not respecting the timing of passage leads to exclusion from the competition.
- The race and refreshment staff have the unquestionable right to stop competitors visibly in a state of difficulty and/or in a state deemed unsafe when the race continues.
- The race staff has the right to stop the competitors from moving at a speed deemed unsafe in relation to the weather conditions, even if within the time barriers.
- The maximum time is calculated on the first departure time, if there are more times.
- The time barriers are indicated by time, i.e. they report the time of day or night and not the competitor’s race time.
- The IN time barriers apply only to the first starting times, if present, and oblige for the competitor to stop until the time of the time barrier indicated, or the passage of the first competitor in the race exempt from the the time barrier.
- Any withdrawal must be reported immediately to the telephone number indicated on the bib, if necessary, the eventual transport of the competitor to the finish will be organized from the operations room.
- There is a shuttle service on call for competitors who want to abandon the race.
- There is a “sweep service” that will cover the track following the last competitor in the race, in order to help retirees and prevent any injured people from being left without assistance.
- Any bags and equipment of the withdrawn competitors will be delivered together with the bags of the competitors in the race, or at the end of the race or at the end of the waistline, or at the times indicated in Article 1
Given the extreme climatic and meteorological variability, the organization will publish two weather reports on the s1trail.com website in the “news” section with the following purposes:
Bulletin 1: 5 days before the race, to inform about the conditions of the route and the weather forecast.
Bulletin 2: 12 hours before start with the latest updates and the result of the last survey on the route.
Variations to the suggested equipment and race routes
In the event of extreme weather phenomena, landslides, or events that make the route impracticable, last-minute changes will be possible. Any changes will be communicated clearly and in the shortest time possible to the participants and also through the staff on the route in the event that the race is in progress. In these cases, there is no type of compensation to competitors. The suspension of the race is not foreseen in any case: the date and the geographical area are in themselves indicators of a strong possibility of bad weather, which is considered one of the fundamental components sought by the athlete in the competition.
The environmental impact due to the production of waste from this event is limited thanks to actions such as, example, the use of compostable or reusable crockery and cutlery instead of disposable ones, the dispensing of draft drinks, and the use of alternative ways of communicating and publicizing the event.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to modify these regulations at any time for reasons it deems appropriate for a better organization of the race, after having communicated and obtained approval from FIDAL for the Trieste Urban Ecomarathon.
The Organization undertakes to publish on the s1trail.com website in the “news” section any updates on the route and the conditions of the race.
Lack of respect, rudeness, mockery or attitudes contrary to sporting ethics, lead to exclusion from the race, even before the start of the competition, without any right to a refund of the participation fee.
The staff of the Organization present on the course is authorized to verify compliance with the regulations by the runners and communicate the infringements found to the race jury.
All race officials have the right to stop a competitor and apply penalties or disqualifications in the cases provided for by the regulation.
Time penalties are applied immediately, at the end of the race, or in the following days with an increase in the time reported on the official ranking.
- Voluntary abandonment of waste: disqualification
- Departure from a checkpoint after the time limit: disqualification
- Departure in a starting group that is not really: disqualification
- Cutting of a section of the route exceeding 200m: disqualification
- Failure to pass through a checkpoint: disqualification
- External assistance to competitors where not allowed: disqualification
- Refusal to be checked: disqualification
- Cheating: use of an unauthorized means of transport, sharing or exchange of bib numbers, marking of wrappers with the number of others: disqualification and interdiction for life
- Contestation of the rules: disqualification
- There is a 30-minute penalty in the event of consumption, transport or use of bars, supplements or gels not bearing the user’s bib number.
- Providing incorrect personal or contact details: disqualification
- Absence of compulsory equipment: penalty quantified by the controller or by the competition jury depending on the number of missing elements and the weather and physical conditions of the competitor
- Insults, blasphemies, disrespect, threats to volunteers or employees of the organization or other competitors: disqualification and disqualification for life
Only written complaints are accepted within 30 minutes from the arrival time of the last competitor, with a deposit of € 300.00.
All reports of irregularities sent within 30 minutes of the arrival of the last competitor and related to:
- Clear and unambiguous photographic documentation
- Testimony of three people (to be verified with the race data and the findings in our possession)
- If a report of irregularity is considered founded, we will immediately proceed to apply the sanctions as per regulation with the guarantee of the complete anonymity of the whistleblower.
- For FIDAL competitions, any complaints must be presented in compliance with the FIDAL and R.T.I.
The jury is made up of:
- Race Director
- Safety coordinator
- Head of the medical team
- Route Manager
- All competent persons designated by the President of the Organizing Committee.
The jury is authorized to deliberate at a time compatible with the obligations of the race on all disputes or disqualifications that occurred during the race. The decisions made are without appeal.
ultimo aggiornamento 15 gennaio 2022